Thursday, September 9, 2010

Bento!


I really don't know who is more excited for the first full day of preschool tomorrow, me or L. I'm not excited because he'll be out of the house (I will actually miss him!), I'm excited because I get to pack him a lunch! Yes, you read that right. I'm excited to pack lunch. "Why?" you ask. Well, it's because we got a really cool lunch box - and I don't mean one with Spiderman. It's called a Laptop Lunch and is a bento-style lunch box. It has lots of handy compartments for packing kid-sized portions of foods and makes it easier to send a few grapes and one strawberry without ending up with mush in a zillion plastic baggies. It is supposed to be healthier (more veggies, fewer granola bars) and greener (less packaging all around), but for me, it is a godsend because L really likes to eat real food. He likes fruits, vegetables, fish and rice. Thanks to lots of bento bloggers out there, I got some great ideas, like the zucchini risotto cakes that I packed for tomorrow. They are tasty! L and A ate a bunch before bed and I had to force them to stop so L would have enough for tomorrow. :) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment